Monday, May 23, 2016

Priestly living

1 Chronicles 23:28‭, ‬30 NIV
The duty of the Levites was to help Aaron's descendants in the service of the temple of the Lord: to be in charge of the courtyards, the side rooms, the purification of all sacred things and the performance of other duties at the house of God. ... They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord. They were to do the same in the evening.

I was impressed by this simple responsibility of thanking and praising God.  Morning and evening. 

I have tried to foster in my children a practice of praise and thankfulness in the mornings and evenings.  I want to teach them to live priestly lives.  Now that I think about it, I would like to live a priestly life, myself.)

I also think it is cool that Jeshua ("He will save", analogous to "Jesus") is listed as one of the Aaronic priests (1 Chr. 24:11).  Don't think I've noticed that before. 

Heavenly Father, I want to offer you sacrifices of thanksgiving and praise.  I want my life to be a consistent flow of thanks and praise to honor you.  Lord, please help me teach my children to thank you and praise you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment