Monday, June 20, 2016

miraculous provision of food and water

God miraculously sent ravens to feed Elijah in the desert.  Then God miraculously sustained flour and oil for the widow in Zarephath, her son, and Elijah (1 Kings17).  But the conclusive moment for the widow was when Elijah raised her son from the dead:
24 Then the woman said to Elijah, "Now I know that you are a man of God and that the word of the LORD from your mouth is the truth."

After Elijah was taken up to Heaven, Elisha healed the water of Jericho (2 Kings 2):
19 The people of the city said to Elisha, "Look, our lord, this town is well situated, as you can see, but the water is bad and the land is unproductive." 20 "Bring me a new bowl," he said, "and put salt in it." So they brought it to him. 21 Then he went out to the spring and threw the salt into it, saying, "This is what the LORD says: 'I have healed this water. Never again will it cause death or make the land unproductive.'" 22 And the water has remained pure to this day, according to the word Elisha had spoken.

Later, when Jehoshaphat King of Judah and Joram King of Israel were attacking Moab, and their armies ran out of water (2 Kings 3), Elisha prophesied:

16 ... "This is what the LORD says: I will fill this valley with pools of water. 17 For this is what the LORD says: You will see neither wind nor rain, yet this valley will be filled with water, and you, your cattle and your other animals will drink. 18 This is an easy thing in the eyes of the LORD; he will also deliver Moab into your hands.

Heavenly Father, help me understand that miracles are easy for you, and that as a son of God, I can participate with you in bringing those miracles.  Lord, may your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.  Lord, help me show people your truth, not only tell them.  I want them to see your power and believe you because they have experienced your goodness and power.  Lord, please use me to provide water to people.  I want to say what I hear you saying, and I want to do what I see you doing.  Holy Spirit, please use me today.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment