Friday, June 10, 2016

Solomon: religion instead of relationship

As I finished reading Ecclesiastes, I noticed that King Solomon did write a few lines about fearing God, your Creator, but it saddens me that Solomon didn't refer to Him by name, Yahweh, as King David did.  Considering the writings of David, it seems to me that David grew in focus and desire on knowing Yahweh and enjoying His presence, whereas Solomon experienced the intensity of the glory of God's presence at the dedication of the temple, and yet, tragically, Solomon drifted away from an intimate relationship with Yahweh. 

Heavenly Father, I want to grow in my relationship and experience with you.  I want to be a son who knows his Father.  Jesus, I want to abide with you and walk with you.  Holy Spirit, I want to be aware of your presence and constantly keeping in step with you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment