Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Encouragement

I preached on tithing a week ago, and ironically, I think I have received more encouragement from folks about that message than any other I have preached.  I did feel spiritual opposition before delivering the message, and I praise the Lord for giving me the opportunity to deliver a message that helps people.

In our Leadership Development Program through Global Legacy, we focused on prophecy this past month, and one of the readings mentioned that giving people encouraging words is one form of prophecy.  I remember Pastor Lewis in Austin telling me that I had a gift of encouragement.  I want to grow in allowing the Holy Spirit to flow encouragement through me.

Yesterday, we stopped at Wendy's for lunch, and we sat in the back of the eating area.  There was an elderly man sitting near us, and when I walked by, he told me that I was doing a good job with my boys and that I was a happy father.  This was very encouraging to me because I have been trying to be more joyful around my family and not quick tempered.

Heavenly Father, please grow me into your character.  I want to emulate you.  Holy Spirit, please flow through me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment