Friday, July 22, 2016

reflections on Ecuador 2016

July 9-16

The Lord provided funding for us to travel and purchase supplies, and He provided filters through Thirsty People.  

It was a privilege for me to take five of my students (four current and one graduated) to work with me in distributing over 90 of the 100 donated filters in El Recreo and adjacent cooperativas.  Throughout the week, we talked about: knowing, doing, and being; the importance of spending time in getting to know people before we gave them a filter; and watching to see what God was doing in us and through each day.

I really enjoyed teaching on the first chapter of Colossians during the church's Bible studies on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (with the help of Kyle Kallestad in translating).

Thursday evening, Chuy put his faith in Christ and prayed to receive forgiveness and eternal life!  Yesterday, Chuy and I met to talk about Acts 1-2 and next steps in growing as a follower of Jesus.  I look forward to discipleship.

Heavenly Father, thank you so much for the opportunity to go, and for the opportunity to go with my students.  Thank you for the support of my wife and family who sacrifice my time to allow me to go.  Lord, please multiply the blessings for my family,  for the people who gave money, filters, and prayer, for the people who received the filters, and for the local church in El Recreo.  Please grow your Kingdom, and send out more workers.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment