Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Preaching the Gospel with signs and wonders

Romans 15:17-19, 29 NIV
Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done— by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ. ... I know that when I come to you, I will come in the full measure of the blessing of Christ.

From Paul's perspective, the signs and wonders are part of preaching the Gospel, and I think that is associated with the full measure of the blessing of Christ.  God cares about our spiritual and physical well-being.  He doesn't guarantee that our physical circumstances will be peachy, but sometimes He intervenes in supernatural ways to demonstrate His love and power.  I want to open myself to be a vessel for Him to use to pour out His love and power.

This past Saturday, I went with Shaun to pray for people who were waiting in line at Raelene's tattoo shop. Shaun and I prayed for a lady in line, and her back pain was gone immediately.  It was cold and windy, so a local church opened their building, so people didn't have to stand outside.    We prayed about five times for a lady on crutches who had torn her ACL and MCL.  By the end of the day, she walked on it with no pain.  I shared the Gospel with a young couple, they guy was an accounting student; they didn't accept the invitation, but I prayed for them, and I could tell that they were touched.  We prayed for a guy who was troubled, and he showed some improvement, but I am still praying for complete deliverance for him.  

Praise the Lord for His love and power!

Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to step out in faith and minister to people.  Lord, I want to share the Gospel with signs and wonders so that even more will trust you with their lives and become fully devoted followers of Christ.  Holy Spirit, give me boldness, and flow through me your love and power.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment