Friday, March 24, 2017

Childlike faith, sitting with the Father

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
Luke 10:21 NIV

I want to be full of joy and child-like in faith.  I never want to assume that I have figured it out.

I was impressed with the lyrics of this song on the radio this morning by Shawn McDonald called Open Me:

Would You open up my eyes, so I can see
Would You open up my ears, so I can hear
Would You open up my mind, so I can know
Would You open up my heart, so could love You more
I want to serve You, my God
I want to give you everything


I do want to serve Him, and I feel like that has been my main perspective of my interactions with Him for most of my life, and I want to grow in my relationship with the Father.  But I don't think a child is principally concerned about serving his father. I want to be with Him.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 NIV

Heavenly Father, thank you for inviting me into relationship with you through Jesus.  Thank you for always welcoming me to sit with you.  I am glad that you are always in a good mood.  I want to know you and love you more.  And I know that you want that for me, too.  I love you, and I look forward to spending today with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment