Monday, March 20, 2017

Living in relationship with God

Brandi and I saw the movie The Shack on Saturday evening.  It was a great reminder of how God truly wants us to live in relationship with Him instead of religious checklists.  The essential challenge for me is to be aware of His presence and open for communication throughout my day.

I am also concerned about Beau.  Over this past week, there have been several conflict situations with his brothers, Brandi, or me in which I feel like He needs to experience the love, forgiveness, and hope of Jesus.  I am praying that I will have opportunity to share the Gospel with him and that the Holy Spirit will minister to him to bring him to faith in Christ very soon.

Heavenly Father, I want to focus on you and living in relationship with you.  Thank you for being here.  Lord, what do you think about me?  "Relax, Shane.  Do not worry.  I will take care of you and provide for you.". Thank you, Father, that I can trust you, and I don't have to have it all figured out.  Thank you for how you have grown our relationship over the past several years.  I want to emulate that closeness with my children so that they can know you closely.  Thank you through Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment