Thursday, March 30, 2017

Freedom and healing

On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, "Woman, you are set free from your infirmity."  Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.
Luke 13:10‭-‬13 NIV

Sometimes Jesus healed by rebuking the illness, but in this account, Jesus spoke freedom to her.  And then He put His hands on her.  This is very interested to me.  The engineer in me wants a procedure/formula for healing, but I need to go back to the basic principle that God is relational, and He is sincere and genuine with each and every person.  He takes time to behold a person.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your desire for freedom and healing for every person.  Help me stay focused on relationship with you, not religion or procedure.  Jesus, thank you for your examples of walking with the Father and beholding people.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence.  Please make me more like Jesus today, and use me to bless people today.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment