Thursday, April 11, 2019

Thirty years of following Jesus

Thirty years ago, yesterday, I gave my life to Jesus.

I don't think it is a coincidence that my parents came to see us this past weekend, and my mom brought the cassette tapes from the guest preacher (Toby McSwain) who preached a week of "revival" sermons the week that I put my faith in Christ.   It has been nostalgic and spiritually stirring to dust off an old cassette tape player that my Grandmother gave me and start listening to those sermons that the Holy Spirit spoke so powerfully through thirty years ago.

I am thankful for how I have grown in the Lord these past three decades, and I hope that I will accelerate my growth in Him.

Father, thank you for giving me faith to live in Christ.  Please grow me exponentially with time.  Please transform me and use me more today than ever before.  Jesus, I want to be known as your disciple.  Holy Spirit, produce more of your fruit in my life, and lead me to use the gifts that you've given me to be more impactful.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment