Friday, May 10, 2019

It's not about winning ball games

But it sure is a boost when we do!  Oh, man, the kids were so excited to win last night!  After the third inning, it was tied up at five runs. Our kids hit their seven-run limit in the top of the fourth, and we held the home team to two runs in the bottom side for the win. It was so great to see their confidence and excitement during the top of the fourth.  Even a kid who hasn't hit much this season got a double!  

I've been praying the last several days about this.  Maybe it seems inconsequential, but I really was asking God to bless these kids with an opportunity for a win.  They were so glad to break the losing streak.

Father, thank you for the opportunity for a win.  I know it's not about winning baseball games.  I want to be able to keep a good attitude, win or lose, just like I tell the kids.  I guess in the spiritual domain, there is no losing, only playing more innings until we win.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment