Saturday, July 20, 2019

Joy and prophecy

The Holy Spirit revealed to me the other day that if someone asks me about my faith, it is not a serious subject matter; it is a joyous subject to discuss.

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2 NIV

Joy is so valuable to Christ.  It was the reward for His suffering.  If I could just see how priceless joy is...


Reading from today:
Leaving the next day, we reached Caesarea and stayed at the house of Philip the evangelist, one of the Seven. He had four unmarried daughters who prophesied.
Acts 21:8‭-‬9 NIV

I want to grow in prophecy so that I can better mentor and encourage my four children to prophesy.

Father, thank you for giving me a quest for joy this year.  I want to continue growing in joy.  Holy Spirit, break loose whatever is holding you back from flowing more joy through me.  And show me the next steps in growing in prophecy.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment