Friday, July 17, 2020

Sometimes His answer is in the resurrection

Psalms 22:1‭, ‬24 NIV
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish?  
...
For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

Jesus quoted verse 1 on the cross.  But the Father did not actually forsake His Son.  Verse 24 was fulfilled not in the avoidance of suffering and death but in conquering death by resurrecting Jesus to life.

Perhaps sometimes the Father let's us endure more than what we think we can handle and allows us to experience what we might perceive to be defeat or death because the Father sees beyond that to the point where He answers our prayers in the resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:54‭-‬58 NIV
When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."  "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"  The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Father, thank you for faithfully answering my prayers, even when I feel like you aren't.  You are good, and you give victory to the King.  Thank you for making me a king with Christ.  May your sovereignty over my heart be evident by an increase in the fruit of the Spirit today.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment