Saturday, July 11, 2020

Fear the Lord

Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.
Acts 9:31 NIV

I'm reading Paths to power: living in the Spirit's fullness by A.W. Tozer, and one of his introductory points is that faith begins with basic obedience of Jesus's commands.  As I was discussing with Beau and Jude this morning this concept of fearing the Lord, I made the connection that one of the main ways that we show our honor and fear of the Lord is by being careful to obey His teachings. Love God, love others.  Sacrificially.

Father, I want to humble myself and show that I fear you by being so very careful to love selflessly.  Jesus, thank you for your example.  Holy Spirit,  please help me listen to you today as you show me how to take up my cross and follow Jesus today.  I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment