Friday, July 24, 2020

Letting go of anger and frustration

Take delight in Yahweh, and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Be still before Yahweh and wait patiently for him ...  Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
Psalms 37:4, 7‭-‬8 NIV

I had a sozo prayer time with John and Celia that was very impactful for me.  One of the breakthroughs was beginning to let go of perfectionism and being critical.  

Over the past several months, I have been realizing that I need to continue this breakthrough by letting go of anger and being frustrated with inefficient/inconvenient circumstances.

I am resolving to be a happier and more joyful person.  I want the words that I speak, especially to my wife and children, as well as my tone and facial expressions, to be evidently abundant with the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control) and completely devoid of the fruit of the flesh.

Father, you are good and kind.  Thank you for giving me the fruit of the Spirit, and thank you for infusing my words and manner of speaking with your character.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment