Sunday, July 19, 2020

Seek His Face

Psalms 27:4‭, ‬8‭-‬9‭, ‬13‭-‬14 NIV
One thing I ask from Yahweh, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of Yahweh all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of Yahweh and to seek him in his temple.  ... My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Yahweh, I will seek.  Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior. ... I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of Yahweh in the land of the living.  Wait for Yahweh; be strong and take heart and wait for Yahweh.

There are so many distractions in this world; the enchanter either tempts us with immediate gratification of interior substitutes for the goodness of the presence of God or the enchanter threatens us with the fear of pain or loss. 

But the one thing that matters more than all of the rest is fellowship with God.  It is way more than believing that He exists, knowing His name, or even receiving His forgiveness.  Fellowship is about intimate relationship with Him.

Father, I want to seek your face.  I love you, and I know that you are good, but I want to know you so much better than I do now.  I want to be someone you share your heart with, like you do with Jesus. Holy Spirit, lead me to that place.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment