Monday, August 10, 2020

He chose me

1 Peter 1:1-2
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
To God's elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:
Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

Apostle Peter used the identity that Jesus gave him.  He did not introduce himself as "Simon".  I am a new creation in Christ Jesus.

I am one of God's elect.  He chose me according to His foreknowledge.  He saw me, and he wanted me to be part of His family.  He wanted me to be His son.  It was not by random chance that I am part of the family of faith.

We discussed this passage yesterday in our church gathering, and I don't remember seeing it this way before.  And I suppose that God wanted me to soak on it a bit more since the same passage was in my daily reading this morning.

I want to meditate on this truth throughout the day.  I want to participate in this loving family through bedience and sanctification because of His great love.

Father, thank you for wanting me.  Thank you for choosing me.  Thank you for loving me.  I love you because you first loved me. Holy Spirit, please guide me into a greater appreciation of this incredible truth that the Father wanted me in his family.  Jesus, thank you for making a way for me to be part of your family.  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment