Thursday, June 24, 2021

Give thanks to the Lord

Psalms 118:1 NIV
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

I saw my wife crying because she was discouraged by the current housing market in two ways: first, that it seemed like there were already half a dozen offers on any house she inquired, and second, the offers were all way over asking price.  

So, I asked the Lord to bless us with a house for a good deal, in spire of the current market frenzy.

The next day, Brandi got a call from a lady saying that she would allow us to purchase her house significantly below her original asking price.

We went to look at the house that Saturday, and on Sunday, as we were praying for some visiting missionaries, I felt the Lord ask me if I believed it was an answer to prayer.  I felt awkward because the house is much nicer than what we were looking for.  

I think the Lord is trying to teach me that He is a good Father, and He loves to give good gifts to His children.

Many times when I see the sunset, I think of it as God's fingerprints, His craftsmanship. But what if, with an open heart, I can actually peer at a sunset and see His face?

Father, thank you for your extravagant generosity.  You are good and your love endures forever, regardless of whether or not you bless us with an amazing house. But I sure am glad to see several of my wife's childhood dreams fulfilled in this house. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment