Friday, November 9, 2007

answer to carpet calling question

 
Two days ago, I asked about what a maturing Christian is supposed to do when he/she discovers that another Believer is distracted with things of this world.  Well, here's my answer from Galatians 6:
1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. 2 Share each other's burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. 3 If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.
Mark 12 was really cool today.  In Mark 11, Jesus marches into Jerusalem in the middle of a parade, and people are really beginning to catch on to this Messiah idea.  What does Jesus do, well He rolls into the temple, looks around, and then heads out to a bungalow in the country for the evening!  How anticlimactic!  The next day He shows up with a whip and raises ruckus in the temple.  Then He gets into a theological showdown with Pharisees and Sadducees, and it ends with Him giving a backhanded compliment to Mr. Smartypants and throwing a rock in their theological pond about how the Messiah is both David's son and Lord.  But, what I love most is how the chapter concludes:
41 Jesus sat down near the collection box in the Temple and watched as the crowds dropped in their money. Many rich people put in large amounts. 42 Then a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins. 43 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. 44 For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on."
You see, Jesus just had a bout in the ring with the theological heavyweights, but what was He most concerned about?  This lady had given God her ALL!  She demonstrated her faith in giving Him everything - down to the last penny!
 
On that note, I echo Paul's prayer in Ephesians 1, first for myself and my wife, for my Believing friends and family, and especially for my dear friends who have not yet placed their faith in Jesus Christ:
16 ... I pray for you constantly, 17 asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. 18 I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.  19 I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to love you with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  I want to love you with all that I am and all that you've given me.  Lord, I pray that you will teach me to love my neighbor as myself.  Jesus, I give you my ALL, and I pray that you will use me to lead others to do the same.  I pray this in the wonderful and matchless name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment