Tuesday, November 20, 2007

continuity

 
One of the major principles that I've been learning recently is that we are to always be engaged to grow in Christ.  We don't get a day off.  We need to be deliberate about pursuing the LORD - continually.   It is imperative that we maintain continuity in our walk with Christ.  The following Scriptures really resonated this morning with this truth:
2 Thess. 3:1 Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we ask you to pray for us. Pray that the Lord's message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes, just as when it came to you. 2 Pray, too, that we will be rescued from wicked and evil people, for not everyone is a believer. 3 But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one. 4 And we are confident in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we commanded you. 5 May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.
 
1 Tim. 1:5 The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that your message will spread rapidly and be honored around the world, especially with Christian missionaries.  Lord, save us from wicked and evil people and deliver us from the enemy.  Guard our minds and hearts with your love and peace.  Help me be faithful to your commandments and plan for my life.  Jesus, help me know you fully so that I may demonstrate your love and faithfulness for your glory.  I pray that you will purify my heart, renew my mind, and grow my faith.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment