Friday, December 12, 2008

big picture

Acts 28:11-31, Ephesians 1-3

Basically, the Roman government provided for Paul's trip to Rome, and he had the opportunity to present the Gospel all over the continent.

Ephesians is so dense!  I am impressed by two big-picture concepts from the first three chapters of Ephesians:
  1. The goal is to bring everything under the Lordship of Christ.  (Eph. 1: 9-10, 22)
  2. Gentiles are a part of God's redemptive plan - included in His family with the Jews, reconciled in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, as I consider the birth of Christ this Christmas, may I be conscious of your good pleasure, good will, and good plan brought to completion in the miraculous divine-human person of Christ.  I pray that I will be amazed by your kindness and love to bring me, a Gentile, into your family.  I pray that you will use me to build up the Church, the body of Christ, and the temple building of your presence.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment