Wednesday, December 10, 2008

religion

Acts 23:12-25:22

I am impressed with how efficiently Satan can use religion as an instrument/motivator to incite wickedness:

23:12The next morning the Jews formed a conspiracy and bound themselves with an oath not to eat or drink until they had killed Paul. 13More than forty men were involved in this plot. 14They went to the chief priests and elders and said, "We have taken a solemn oath not to eat anything until we have killed Paul. 15Now then, you and the Sanhedrin petition the commander to bring him before you on the pretext of wanting more accurate information about his case. We are ready to kill him before he gets here."

These guys were supposed to know God better than anybody else!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please don't let me live a life of hypocrisy and religion.  O Lord, please rescue me from complacency, religion, and idolatry - enemies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Lord, please fill me fresh with your Spirit, and anoint me to do your will. Father, I pray that I will genuinely seek to know you and love you.  Please make me aware of Satan's schemes against me so that I will not naively participate in wickedness in the pretense of religion.  O Lord, please deliver me from my bad doctrine and bad religion that I am not even aware of.  Lord, please shine your light on me and lead me to walk more closely with you.  I pray that my life will demonstrate the Lordship of Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment