Friday, November 5, 2010

too busy

Jeremiah 34-36

I have been too busy this week.  In part due to preparation for the trip to Ecuador.  In part because I don't know how to find a balance.  They say that the first semester is hard, but dang!  Discovering who I am as a professor is hard!

My previous blog was on Monday, Beau's birthday.  If Beau is going to be a holy man of God, then he is going to need a good role model, which means I have got to be more disciplined about being a disciple of Christ myself.

Heavenly Father, you are so kind and generous and loving.  Lord, please help me focus on you instead of me.  Lord, please draw me into you and teach me how to rest in you and trust you.  Lord, please give me wisdom to know how much I can handle and how much you have asked of me so that I can do what you want me to and honor you and not worry about pleasing people.  Lord, please give me a fresh perspective on life through this trip to Ecuador.  I need you, and of course, you know this better than I.  I love you, Lord, and I trust you.  May my life be given in service to bring you honor.  Please answer these requests because I am identified as one of your children by faith in your Son, Jesus the Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment