Wednesday, November 17, 2010

God hates sin

Ezekiel 5-7

 6:8 "But I will let a few of my people escape destruction, and they will be scattered among the nations of the world. 9 Then when they are exiled among the nations, they will remember me. They will recognize how hurt I am by their unfaithful hearts and lustful eyes that long for their idols. Then at last they will hate themselves for all their detestable sins. 10 They will know that I alone am the Lord and that I was serious when I said I would bring this calamity on them.

I am really getting tired of reading judgment after judgment (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, and now Ezekiel).  But I realize that there are several very important principles here.  First, God hates sin.  It hurts Him, and it literally hurt Jesus.  Second, God punishes sin (back to Jesus again).  Third, God is patient with us, even though we don't deserve His patience or mercy (back to Jesus again).  Finally, our appropriate response is a heart change to repent and turn to Him in loving obedience.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me of my sin.  Please forgive me of pride, lust, apathy, ungratefulness, and selfishness.  Lord, please purify my heart and turn the attention of my heart to you and your Kingdom.  Lord Jesus, I want to seek first your Kingdom and Righteousness.  Please show me what that looks like in the way that I spend my time, energy, and finances.  I love you, Lord, and I want to grow closer to you today.  Please reveal yourself to me and help me search for you with all of my heart.  Father, please answer these requests because Jesus is my Brother.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment