Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Lord is Jealous for us

Ezekiel 8-10

(1) Idolatry, (2) sketches and (3) incense to other gods, (4) mourning for another god, (5) bowing and worshiping the sun... these are acts that the Israelites committed that provoked God's jealousy to allow them to be taken into captivity. 

I wonder what similar acts I commit in my heart and life. 

(1) Is there an idol in my heart (God's temple)?  What is the true focus of my heart, and is it purely and entirely devoted to Christ?  (2) What do I read/write/watch?  (3) Do I try to please anyone other than God with things that I do or say? (4) Do I get anxious about worldly things and obsess about climbing the social ladder or achieving the American dream?  (5) Do I focus more on pleasing creation or the Creator?

Heavenly Father, please purify my heart.  Lord, I want to serve you and desire you only. Lord, please deliver me from idolatry.  I want to trust you and know you deeper every day.  Please refresh me with a close relationship with you.  I'm asking in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment