Saturday, December 25, 2010

Early discipleship

Zephaniah, Revelation 12-13

I've been thinking about Scott's new walk with Christ and the role of
older Brothers in helping him grow in Christ. As I was feeding Beau
at lunch today, I was impressed with a few analogies:

- You can't give them big bites, or they will choke. You can't
overwhelm a new Believer with a bunch of stuff to do. You have to make
sure they taste and see that the Lord is good.

- You want them to eat enough, but not too much. And you want to make
sure that they get a healthy blend of protein, fats, and carbs, and
plenty of exercise. Scripture reading, theology, encouragement,
communion, Scripture memory, prayer, giving, and good works have to be
balanced.

- It is so rewarding to enjoy a meal together and see a child enjoy a
new flavor for the first time. Walking with a new believer and
seeing them grow is so encouraging and revitalizing to older Brothers.

Heavenly Father, thank you for letting us be involved in each others'
walks with Christ. Thank you for the Body. Lord, I want to be an
encouragement to other Brothers. Please use me. I pray in the name of
Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment