Sunday, December 26, 2010

what am I working for?

Haggai, Revelation 14-15

Am I working for myself or for the LORD?  Am I working to build a name for myself or Christ?  Am I working to build my house or the Body of Christ?

 Hag 1:3 Then the Lord sent this message through the prophet Haggai: 4 "Why are you living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins? ... 11 I have called for a drought on your fields and hills—a drought to wither the grain and grapes and olive trees and all your other crops, a drought to starve you and your livestock and to ruin everything you have worked so hard to get."

Heavenly Father, I want to invest in your Kingdom and the Body of Christ.  Lord, I want my life to be invested in your eternal glory, not wasted on temporary junk that only distracts me from you and your will.  Lord, please direct me and keep me focused on you.  I need you, Lord.  Please don't let me get carried away with myself.  May I only invest my energy and time in what you want me to.  I'm asking in the name of Jesus and for His Kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment