Tuesday, October 25, 2011

great mystery

1 Timothy 3

16 Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith:

   Christ was revealed in a human body
      and vindicated by the Spirit.
   He was seen by angels
      and announced to the nations.
   He was believed in throughout the world
      and taken to heaven in glory.

The term "mystery" does not mean that it is not understandable (Albert Barnes).  This is only a "mystery" in the sense that it was not revealed until Christ fulfilled it (1 Cor. 2:7).  Verse 16 provides a nice snapshot of Christ's deity and humanity, His ministry and mission on earth, and His eternal glory.

I want to participate in announcing to the nations and helping people believe throughout the world so that we can all spend eternity with Christ.

Heavenly Father, please help me be useful to advancing the Kingdom of Christ.  Lord, if you desire me to serve in a position as an elder or deacon, then please prepare me and my family for that spiritual responsibility.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

1 comment: