Wednesday, October 12, 2011

live your lives in Him

Colossians 2

 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

In the church I grew up in, I feel like an enormous emphasis was placed on "accepting Jesus as Lord", but it didn't seem like there was a rigorous training on "continuing to live our lives in him".  I think you can teach about spiritual disciplines (e.g., praying, reading the Scriptures, meditating, praising, evangelizing, etc.), but unless they are practiced together with other Brothers and Sisters in a small group environment, I think they become more mechanical movements of a religion instead of an expression of the life of Christ in us.  I think I need to do a better job of living my life in Christ with His Body.

Heavenly Father, I want to be connected to you through Christ.  I want to be connected to Christ through your Holy Spirit and through the Body of Christ.  Lord, you have blessed me with some genuine Brothers and Sisters here; please help us walk with you all together.  We want to know you deeply and experience your love and grace together. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment