Wednesday, October 5, 2011

children of God, children of the Light

Ephesians 5

 1 Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. 2 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. ... 8 For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! 9 For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true. ... 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17 Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

What does the Lord want me to do?  He wants us to love and worship Him, and love people.  He wants us to make disciples.  He wants us to not let the world corrupt us, but instead shine His light by consistently obeying the Spirit's leading in our lives.

For me, right now, I think I need to grow in joy and peace and not be so anxious and stressed.  I need to learn how to rest in God and trust Him.  I need to realign the focus of my life to honor God and follow Him.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your kindness and love.  Thank you for adopting me as your child.  Lord, I am a child of God by faith in Jesus Christ, and the life of Christ is living in me.  Please help me die to myself daily and let the life of Christ fill me.  Holy Spirit, please sharpen my heart and mind to hear you and obey you.  I want to follow you, and I want to be used by you.  I love you, and I need you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment