Monday, November 21, 2011

wisdom and peace

James 3

6 And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell. ... 10 from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way.

I have a long way to go in terms of controlling my tongue.  I have a long way to go in terms of growing in wisdom and understanding, too.

13 Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. ... 17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. 18 And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

I have a long way to go.

But, thinking about one step at a time, what can I do today to grow just a little more.  It seems like a recurring theme in Chapter 3 is peace and gentleness. 

Heavenly Father, please help me be a peaceful person and a peace maker.  Lord Jesus, you brought us peace with God and peace with men; please help me be an agent of your peace today.  Lord, please help me be focused on you and your character; Lord, I need you to live your life through me.  I love you, and I want to be your servant today.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment