Tuesday, November 29, 2011

sharing His divine nature

2 Peter 1

4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires.  (NLT)

4 For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. (NASB)

4By means of these He has bestowed on us His precious and exceedingly great promises, so that through them you may escape [by flight] from the moral decay (rottenness and corruption) that is in the world because of covetousness (lust and greed), and become sharers (partakers) of the divine nature. (AMP)

Sounds like heresy to me.  But it's not.  The truth is, by faith in Jesus Christ, God forgives us all of our sins, and the Holy Spirit brings life and presence to our human spirits.  We are able to experience eternal life because God assimilates us into His family through the work of Christ.  We have the opportunity, daily, to be in relational harmony and fellowship with God by worshiping Him in spirit and in truth.

Heavenly Father, I want to maintain good fellowship with you so that I can share in your divine nature.  Please help me stay pure in mind and heart so that I can be close to you.  Lord Jesus, thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit.  Please help me keep in step with you.  I love you, and I want to know you and honor you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment