Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

1 Peter 5

 6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

We had a great Thanksgiving holiday with both of our families.

I am thankful for grace and mercy through Christ.  I am thankful for the hope of restoration and recovery; I am thankful that it is Christ who is the author and perfecter of my faith, not me.  I am thankful for a sweet and patient wife who loves the Lord. She is such a sincere and genuine person, and she is a devoted wife and mother.  I am thankful for two healthy sons who have joyful and peaceful attitudes.  I am thankful for loving and supportive families (both mine and Brandi's).  I am thankful for a great church body to be a part of with dear Brothers and Sisters.  I am thankful for a great job with friendly coworkers and dedicated students.  I am thankful for a warm house in the winter, food to eat, and clean water to drink.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your faithful love, and thank you for your kindness.  Thank you for taking care of us.  Lord, we can not live apart from you, and we need you every day to carry us.  We love you, and we want to walk with you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment