Saturday, May 12, 2012

Temporary confusion is not falling away.

Luke 22

"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers." 
(Luke 22:31, 32 NASB)

It seems to me that if Jesus prayed that Peter's faith would not fail, then Jesus did not consider Peter's denial and abandonment "failure of faith". I get the sense that Jesus is especially concerned with our long term pursuit of Him.  It is OK to be frustrated sometimes. As long as we keep turning back to Him. 

Heavenly Father, please help me seek you and your Kingdom. I want to know you and be close to you. Lord Jesus, I want to follow you and obey you. Holy Spirit, I want to listen to you and keep in step with you. Please encourage my faith and help me keep turning to you. I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment