Thursday, May 31, 2012

light of the world

John 8:12-59

Jn 8:12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

Mt 5:14 "You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. 15 No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

As we are in Christ and He is in us, we radiate His light.  It seems to me that shining His light is a function of our attitude and actions.  I think belief and obedience is deeper than what we do; I think it incorporates what we desire. 

Jn 8:31 Jesus said to the people who believed in him, "You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. 32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Jn 8:51 I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!"

I don't know how to want to obey.

Heavenly Father, please incorporate me into the life of Christ.  I want to want to obey.  I want to have the attitude of Christ - desiring to please you.  I want to obey Christ and follow His teaching.  Please shine your light through me as I submit myself to you and obey your Spirit.  I love you, Lord.  Please lead me and shine through me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment