Tuesday, May 15, 2012

hot hearts

Luke 24

32 They said to each other, "Didn't our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?"

I don't know if is appropriate, but I want to feel like I love Jesus.  Over the past few years, several people have told me that they think we go through "seasons" in our walk with Christ.  Some seasons, we feel like we are close to Him, and others, we feel like we aren't close to Him.  I realize that every day probably won't be "warm and fuzzy", but we are supposed to live "victoriously", right?

I realize that part of my feeling of distance is that I have been working too hard recently.  I know that I need to slow down to a more sustainable pace, but I'm not exactly sure how.

Heavenly Father, please turn my heart to Christ.  Holy Spirit, please lead me to follow Jesus.  Lord Jesus, I want to know you and walk with you.  Please help me see you, hear you, and obey you.  I want to cooperate with you in advancing your Kingdom.  Lord, please shine your light and love through me today.  I love you, and I want to feel closer to you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment