Tuesday, July 17, 2012

importance of learning Spanish

Acts 21

37 As Paul was about to be taken inside, he said to the commander, "May I have a word with you?"

"Do you know Greek?" the commander asked, surprised. 38 "Aren't you the Egyptian who led a rebellion some time ago and took 4,000 members of the Assassins out into the desert?"

39 "No," Paul replied, "I am a Jew and a citizen of Tarsus in Cilicia, which is an important city. Please, let me talk to these people." 40 The commander agreed, so Paul stood on the stairs and motioned to the people to be quiet. Soon a deep silence enveloped the crowd, and he addressed them in their own language, Aramaic.

I think one of the reasons that God moved us to the desert was to learn to speak Spanish.  Brandi and I have wanted to learn Spanish since before we moved to El Paso, and now, next to complete immersion, we live in one of the best places to learn Spanish.  I think God wants us to learn to speak Spanish because He intends us to use that skill to expand the Kingdom of Christ.

It is so exciting and rewarding to me to learn Spanish with Brandi.  I feel like it is a practical way that we are intentionally growing together.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to learn to speak Spanish.  Lord, would you please give us rapid understanding and opportunities to practice so that you can use this skill to connect with people and share the love of Christ.  Lord, please help us follow you.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment