Wednesday, July 25, 2012

new house, good neighbors

Romans 1:1-16

We finished moving all of the junk (except the backyard toys) on Monday evening.  I hate moving.

But our neighbors on both sides are very friendly.  We prayed that the Lord would lead us to a house where he wanted us to be.  My uphill-side neighbor is an electrical engineer with three boys (two of them close to our two boys' ages), and my downhill-side neighbor is a professor at the local community college.  It seems like both of these families are people of peace.  (I wish I had thought about that where we lived the last two years.)

16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile. 17 This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."

Heavenly Father, please help us practically show the love of Christ to our house neighbors, as well as all of our "neighbors".  Lord, I pray that your light and love will shine through us, and that our paganism and religionism will not hinder them from seeing you.  I love you, and I pray that you will reign in our hearts today so that your Kingdom will be expanded.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment