Monday, December 24, 2012

I worked too much this semester

Rev 16

This past month was intense.  I over-committed myself.  My wife spoke something very carefully to me a couple of weeks ago, "Shane, I am very proud of you for all the things that you have accomplished professionally this semester, but I am sad that you didn't spend much time with your family."

I am beginning to realize that I need to do a better job being intentional about training my PhD students to be more independent thinkers and researchers.

More than that, I want to be more intentional in pursuing my wife and knowing my children.

Heavenly Father, please help me stay focused on the important things.  And may my life be full of joy as I pursue you and share you with others.  Please fill my heart with peace and love.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment