Monday, December 17, 2012

presence versus presents

Rev 8

I am pretty sure that I have heard this before, but as part of our church emphasis on the Advent Conspiracy, our pastor reminded us that most everyone wants "presence" more than "presents".

I am reminded that I need to spend more time with my wife, and I need to spend more time with my sons.  I worked too much this semester.  I feel like I can tell that Beau is frustrated because he doesn't get to spend as much time with me as he wants.  I don't want him to grow tired of wanting to spend time with me.

I wish I wanted to spend time with my Heavenly Father as much as Beau wants to spend time with his earthly father.

Heavenly Father, please help me be a better husband and father.  I need to give my presence.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment