Thursday, January 17, 2013

potty training

Beau has been potty training over the past month, and it seems that his biggest goal is to be "a big boy".  A few weeks ago, we thought he had completed potty training, but then he regressed (he would pee in the toilet, but he pooped in his underwear several days in a row).  Brandi and I were frustrated because we didn't understand why he would regress.  This past week, he as done really well (not even wetting at night).  A few days ago, after he pooped in the toilet, Beau said, "Now I'm a big boy."   I nodded my head in acknowledgement, at the same time thinking that potty training is only one small aspect of being a "big boy".
 
It occurred to me that perhaps the Lord is patient with us in a similar way.  God is so patient with us as we go through spritual potty training on something in our lives, and then we think we are so mature.  He patiently begins to work with us on the next aspect for our maturity.
 
Heavenly Father, thank you for your patience with me.  Please forgive me when I think I am mature; help me humbly keep walking with you as you continue to refine me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment