Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy New Year!

OK, so I'm two weeks late.  I've been resting, thinking, and getting back to working, so I got out of the habit of blogging.

My wife and I agreed that we would read through the entire Bible, in chronological order, this year.  So, we are already more than halfway through Genesis.  I also want to pay more attention to the geography (places and distances) as we read. 

A few observations from Scripture reading:
  • People tend to get pretty opinionated and defensive when you discuss creationism, young earth versus new earth, etc.
  • The issues of Adam and Eve's offspring marrying each other is a pretty big deal to some people.
  • What did God do with all of that water from Noah's flood?
  • It doesn't seem like Abraham's son Ishmael or Isaac's son Esau were taught to walk with God.

A few observations from life:

  • I worked too much last semester. While work is important, I need to keep it in balance with the other aspects of my life.
  • I need to be intentional about spending time with and investing in my wife and sons.
  • Similarly, I need to facilitate discipleship with my Brothers in Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunities that you have given me and the person you have made me.  Lord, please use me in advancing your Kingdom.  I want to be useful to you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment