Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Weakness and grace

Psalms

Tonight we are at a prayer and worship time with our church.  We read several Scriptures about grace.  The verse that came to mind is Eccl. 1:3:

What does man gain by all the toil at which he toils under the sun?

I have been working so hard reccently. But for what?  I need to spend time with God and know His grace.  My heart is hard to His holiness and worthiness for praise.  I need to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness and gratefulness.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for taking you for granted.  I want to appreciate you and your grace.  Lord Jesus, I want to be continually and genuinely thankful for your sacrifice and love.  Holy Spirit, I want to be consciously aware of your presence and obedient to your leading.  Please soften my hard heart.  You are full of grace, and I am weak and broken, in need of your grace.  I have no life apart from you.  I love you, and I want to walk with you.  I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment