Sunday, May 12, 2013

Delight in the Lord

Psalm 37

(3-7 ESV) Trust in the Lord , and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord , and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord ; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

(23-24) The steps of a man are established by the Lord , when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord  upholds his hand.

This is a very tough season for me.  End of the semester.  Not much sleep.  Not much time with my wife and boys.  What am I doing?

Well, I think I have let my focus slip from delighting in the Lord.  I need to rest in Him and delight in Him.

Heavenly Father, please help me see clearly to delight in you instead of this deceitful world.  I love you, and I want to rest in you and find joy in you.  I ask in the name if Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment