Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Shepherding

1 Kings 11, Ecc. 1

It's been too long since I've blogged.  I've been working way too much.  But I don't know how to slow down the train.  It's like a snowball picking up size and momentum as it tumbles downhill.

At the recommendation of my pastor, I started reading a book called "They Smell Like Sheep", which is a very encouraging book about the Biblical principles and examples of shepherding.  It has really resonated with me, and I think I need to devote more time and effort to spending time with people.  Especially my wife and sons.  

Heavenly Father, please help me see the opportunities to shepherd that you have given me.  Lord, may I be faithful to try to shepherd and be sensitive to your Holy Spirit to teach me to shepherd like Christ Jesus.  Lord, please help me shepherd my wife and sons.  I love you, and I want your love to be shown through my shepherding.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment