Monday, April 21, 2014

Church on Easter

LUK 17:20-21 NIV

Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed,  nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Brandi and I invited folks from our church over to our house for a potluck brunch after the sunrise service.  One of the guys who came over said, "Man, I forgot about church being so early this morning."  I replied, "Man, we are the church."

"Church" is not a place or an event; we are the church.  We carry Christ with us, and we are expanding the Kingdom as we go.

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us Christ.  Thank you for giving us your Spirit.  Thank you for giving us the Church, the body of Christ.  Lord, may I participate in the Body the way you want me to.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment