Saturday, April 19, 2014

good friday

Brandi and I participated in the good friday experience with our church last night, and it provoked a number of thoughts and some good conversation.

One of the stations had some perfume and cotton balls to remind us of Jesus being anointed with nard.  We carried the fragrance with us through the rest of the stations, and I wondered if Jesus still smelled like nard when He was arrested, falsely accused, and sentenced to death.  He gave His life as a fragrant offering, and He invites us to live such that we would carry the fragrance of Christ.

Bread and wine.  Jesus drank the cup of wrath to the dregs so that I can drink a cup of blessing.

It is so ironic that Jesus was arrested - the King of Kings being arrested.  He chose to submit.  As we choose to submit to Him, we must believe that He is good and that He has a good plan.  He is accomplishing His good and perfect will.

Crown of thorns.  I am guilty of what He was accused of.  I deserved that punishment.  he took those thorns because He loves me.

We wrote down some of our sins on black paper and nailed them to a wooden cross.  I was impressed that I nailed Him there.  It was my sin.  I deserved that death.  He bore it because He loves us.

Empty tomb.  He has saved us for His purposes.  We can join Him in His work of redeeming mankind.  

Discipleship.  I am a disciple, and I will join the Spirit of God in making disciples.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the sacrificial death of Christ.  The perfect lamb was slain for the sin of the world.  Thank you for saving me.  Lord, may my life be used for your good will.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment