Thursday, April 10, 2014

Prayer

Luke 11:9-10 NIV

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Over the past few months, I prayed consistently that one of my friends would get a certain job. 

And sometimes, the Lord says, "No."  It hurts.  But I must trust that He heard me, that He is in control, and that He knows what He is doing.  Regardless of whether He says "Yes" or "No", He does so because He has a good plan, and He loves us.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your faithfulness.  Thank you for hearing my prayers.  Thank you for the humility that you are teaching me.  Thank you for loving me enough to say "no" to things that are not in your will for me.

1 comment:

  1. We had prayed about getting some calves in pens, after several weeks of making sure they had water, feed, etc. So, one day, we found them near the pens, prayed again, and got them in. We were so excited, praising God for getting those calves in the pens. Went and got the trailer, tried to load them, and they tore down a portion of the pens, getting loose. We were so discouraged. That night, (during the night), I woke up, still wondering why God would put those calves in the pens, but not help us load them. He said, "You praise me when I do what you want. Will you still praise Me when I don't?"

    ReplyDelete