Sunday, January 18, 2015

Something blocking the dining room

Proverbs 17:3 NIV
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart.

We bought an elliptical exercise machine, but it was too heavy and bulky to move upstairs, so we left it in the entry way, right in front of the dining room table.

I was thinking about the dining room table representing our fellowship with the Lord and how we can bring stuff into our life, even good things, and not realize that they are blocking our fellowship with Christ. 

Heavenly Father, what is blocking my fellowship with you?  (I was going to ask, "Is there anything in your way, but I am not yet fully sanctified, so i know you have more work to do in my heart.) Lord, please gently reveal to me what has a place in my heart that is in your way.  I want to be close with you, and I want to dine with you. Holy Spirit, lead my heart.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment