Monday, January 26, 2015

God permeating our lives

Saturday, Brandi started a wrestling match with the boys.  I was tryijg to get a little work done, but thankfully, i made the right choice and jumped in the wrestling ring.  We had so much fun.  I don't know where I lost that fun attitude.  Why do I always have to be so somber?

I was tired in the afternoon, but I noticed that our powdery snow was turning to slush,  so we finally had a chance to make a snowman.  So, I got Beau and Jude to help me in the back yard.  We had a great time, and the boys were proud of the snowman that we made.

I haven't thought of those types of activities as "spiritual", but I am now thinking that even though we may not have theological discussion, showing my boys a loving and joyful father is very spiritual.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to emulate you.  I want to be present and joyful with my boys.  I want them to have a good opinion of you.  And I want to have fun as a family more often.  Lord Jesus, please permeate my life with yourself.  Holy Spirit, please fill me with the fruit of the spirit, especially joy, and annoint me with your power.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment